Tuesday, August 25, 2009

79 Spitfire - Mid Restoration




This 79 spitfire is in the middle of a stalled rebuild. I originally bought this car to part out, but found that the engine had been rebuilt by a fairly well known Triumph racer from Western Michigan. The car was quite rust free, except for the frame, which I ultimately replaced. These photos are from 2006. In the meantime, I have put the body back on the frame. A couple of weekends of work, and this one should be ready for the road. Sharp-eyed readers will note the chrome bumper and earlier grill on this car. I have never liked the rubber-bumper versions of 70's British roadsters and sought to remove that scourge from this car. It is actually a pretty easy change if you have the car as far apart as I have taken this one. The holes in the frame are all there - just search your favorite online auction spot for the right parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment